Nairobi, 23rd June 2023: Members of leading financial industry advocacy group Kenya Bankers Association (KBA) have re-elected NCBA Bank Group Managing Director Mr. John Gachora as the industry advocacy group’s Governing Council Chair.
During KBA’s 61st Annual General Meeting held this afternoon, the bankers also re-elected Family Bank Chief Executive Officer Ms. Rebecca Mbithi as the Association’s Vice Chair for the period 2023 to 2024.
Mr. Gachora and Ms. Mbithi were first elected in 2021. During their tenure, they have continued to champion industry programmes, notably supporting the industry navigate through the post COVI-19 recovery period and advancing ongoing initiatives geared at fostering growth in the local banking sector and catalyzing national economic development.
In his message to members, Mr. Gachora noted that the industry continues to seek interventions aimed at mitigating emerging challenges through innovative banking solutions and responsiveness.
‘’It is our commitment to continue to leverage cross-sector and cross-boarder partnerships and collaborations that we will use in developing products that address the emerging needs of bank customers who operate at the local, regional, and global level,’’ said Mr. Gachora, thanking member banks for continuing to work together as an industry.
KBA Governing Council for the 2022/2023 period:
The KBA Governing Council’s nomination represents three categories – large, medium-sized, and small banks, as defined by the KBA articles of association. The incoming Council members are as follows:
- NCBA Bank, Group Managing Director, John Gachora (Chair)
- Family Bank, Chief Executive Officer, Rebecca Mbithi (Vice Chair)
- KCB Bank Kenya, Managing Director, Annastacia Kimtai
- Co-Operative Bank of Kenya, Group Managing Director & CEO, Dr. Gideon Muriuki
- Equity Bank Kenya, Managing Director, Gerald Warui
- Diamond Trust Bank, Group CEO & Managing Director, Nasim Devji
- Standard Chartered Bank, Managing Director & CEO, Kariuki Ngari
- Absa Bank Kenya, Managing Director and CEO, Abdi Mohamed
- I&M Bank Kenya, Chief Executive Officer, Gul Khan
- Citibank, East Africa Chief Executive Officer, Martin Mugambi
- SBM Bank, Chief Executive Officer, Moezz Mir
- DIB Kenya Bank, Ag. Chief Executive Officer, Rose Kagucia
- Middle East Bank, Managing Director, Isaac Mwige
- Ecobank, Kenya Managing Director, Josephine Anan-Ankomah
- Credit Bank, Chief Executive Officer, Betty Korir
- Kenya Women Microfinance Bank, Managing Director, Mwangi Githaiga
For more information, visit www.kba.co.ke.
KBA Director of Communications and Public Affairs